For transfer students, the transition to UCLA is an exciting time. There is an abundance of on-campus resources to help students in this transition and achieve their goals. Transfers may be particularly interested in obtaining an internship while at UCLA, however the sheer volume of information and resources may sometimes feel overwhelming.
The Internship Boostcamp is designed especially for new transfer students in the Department of Economics! This program will provide a roadmap for transfers: connecting you to important resources, building a professional network, and developing a strategy to obtain an internship. Ultimately, this program will give new transfers a boost in pursuing internships!
Currently, the Internship Boostcamp is only open to new transfer students (entering UCLA in Fall 2019) from the following majors:
- Pre-Business Economics
- Business Economics
Successful applicants should demonstrate a desire to: (1) explore multiple career paths, (2) connect with alumni, and (2) obtain a Summer 2020 internship. Previous internship, work, or other types of professional experience is not required.
At this time, we are not accepting pre-majors or majors outside of the Department of Economics. We strongly encourage students of all majors to participate in the Career Center’s Early Career Engagement Program.
*Your standing as an Economics pre-major or major will be verified by the Department of Economics.
- Community of transfer students, and multiple opportunities to connect with graduating seniors, alumni, and other professionals invested in helping you succeed
- Special introduction to key campus resources, staff, and faculty, and instructions on how to maximize these resources
- In-depth career advisement on resume, elevator pitch, and building an internship recruitment strategy
- Preparation for UCLA career fairs and industry nights
Required Attendance: If selected to the Internship Boostcamp, participants are required to attend all program sessions. If you are interested in the program, please avoid scheduling classes during these dates and times:
Monday, September 23, 5:00 – 7:30pm
Monday, September 30, 5:00 – 7:30pm
Monday, October 7, 5:00 – 7:30pm
Optional: The Internship Boostcamp prepares students to excel at internship recruitment events. Although not required, students are encouraged to attend the following events (based on interest). RSVP through your Handshake account:
- Tuesday, October 1: Financial Services Night
- Wednesday, October 2: Investment Banking Night
- Thursday, October 3: Consulting Night
- Thursday, October 10: HIRE UCLA: Job & Internship Fair
The application for the Fall 2019 Internship Boostcamp has closed.
Current Boostcamp participants login here.